Vocabulary chunks in this video are also suitable for those taking the CaMLA New ECPE Speaking Test @ HAU (Choosing the best car for a family)
Vocabulary chunks to learn after watching the video :
- Cool features
- Will you be using your car primarily for driving to work?
- If you commute frequently for long distances
- Look for a car that gets good mileage
- You could wind up spending a lot on gas every year
- Fuel efficient cars tend to be smaller in size
- Invest in a hybrid car
- The extra costs of buying a hybrid version
- Fuel savings
- Gas powered version
- Travel a lot of miles
- Will may passengers will be travelling with you?
- A family of four
- A mid-sized car
- SUV – looks like a tall station wagon
- Allows you to carry a family of up to 7 or 8
- Carrying lots of groceries and other cargo
- Fold down the rear seats to create more space
- Trunk space will be sufficient
- No cargo capacity
- Do you drive in snow, ice or off-road?
- Those options add extra cost
- Enhance your safety
- A sports or sporty car
- A sporty convertible
- They are offered with manual transmission to give you more engagement
- Automatic transmission
- Will you be doing any towing?
- Rent one for the week
- A pickup truck