Augmented reality can break down communication barriers – and help us better understand each other by making language visible. Watch what happens when we bring technologies like transcription and translation to your line of sight. #GoogleIO ↓
Vocabulary chunks to learn from the video :
- the real world
- gives us new ways to accomplish this
- understanding someone who speaks a different language
- trying to follow a conversation
- if you’re deaf or hard of hearing can be a real challenge
- advancements in translation and transcription
- in one of the early prototypes we’ve been testing
- which is a strange thing
- a new prototype we’ve been working on
- you should be seeing what I’m saying just transcribed for you in real-time
- kind of like subtitles for the world
- break down language barriers
- I’m actually looking straight into your eyes
- you’re looking right at me
- we’re more connected with the people and the things around us
- giving people the gift of communicating with anyone no matter what language they speak
- I think it is a really powerful thing
- speaking naturally to someone
- to understand and be understood
- and it’s what we strive for every day
LRN B2 Speaking Syllabus January/June 2022
1. What are the disadvantages of owning a home in the countryside?
2. Why is it better to stay at a hotel in the city centre when you visit a foreign city?
3. What is more important to you, fashion or comfort?
4. Which historical monument is the most visited tourist attraction in your country?
5. What are the advantages of travelling by boat?
6. What are the advantages of shopping at a small local shop?
7. Which famous person would you like to meet in person? Why?
8. What are the advantages of eating out at a restaurant?
9. Do you like spending money? Why? / Why not?
10. Why do teenagers find it difficult to communicate with adults?
Click on the links below for Sample Answers :
Source : esolnethellas.gr
Speaking syllabus Januaray / June 2022 1. Why is it that material things can make us happy? 2. Why do some people choose to go to unusual holiday locations? 3. Why do some people choose to stay in a one-sided friendship? 4. What is one of the most important decisions we have to make in our life? 5. What can cause stress in the workplace? 6. How can cities promote tourism? 7. Why is eco-tourism growing? 8. Is advertising a form of art? Why? Why not? 9. Why do people choose a career in medicine? 10. Why do most people prefer to rely on traditional medicine? 11. Why do a lot of people have trouble sleeping? 12. Why should people be encouraged to use public transportation? 13. What are the advantages of air travel? 14. How has technology changed the film industry? 15. What is good about being a sensitive person?
Click on the links below for sample answers :
Source : esolnethellas.gr
LRN C2 Grammar Syllabus
C2 Multiple Choice Grammar Exercises click HERE
LRN B2 Grammar Syllabus
Β2 Multiple Choice Grammar Exercises click HERE