Some things can be rushed (we all have that quick recipe for cheat’s fudge, yes?), but some things, like this glorious tiramisu, should be made properly. The result is endlessly delicious and rewarding. Find recipe HERE
Vocabulary chunks to learn from video :
- Warm cream
- 70% Dark Chocolate
- Stir until melted
- Like so
- Free range eggs
- Castor sugar
- Beat until pale and creamy
- Add the espresso
- Boudoir biscuits
- Start with the soaked biscuits
- Spread your chocolate ganache
- Top with mascarpone mixture
- Repeat the layers
- Drizzle with coffee syrup
This is the ultimate chocolate cupcake : packed with nuts, melty on the inside and topped with condensed-milk ganache. Look upon them as emotional support cakes.
150 g flour
75 g good-quality cocoa
130 g brown sugar
290 g caster sugar
175 g butter, melted and cooled
1 t vanilla paste
3 free-range eggs
100 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
For the ganache :
200 g milk chocolate
100 g dark chocolate
1 x 385 g can condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake holders.
2. Place the flour, cocoa, brown and caster sugar, butter, vanilla paste and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Add the macadamia nuts and fold through. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake holders, filling them three-quarters of the way.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through but fudgy in the centre.
To make the ganache, melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water. Fold through the condensed milk, then spread onto the cupcakes.
(Makes 12 cupcakes)