[nickfouquet.com || freepeople]
Vocabulary chunks to learn after watching video :
- I haven’t really looked back
- It’s been like such a cool adventure
- It’s going really well
- I get to meet great people
- It’s definitely a labor of love
- That’s what people appreciate when they come, I get something custom-made
- Something that no one else will have on the street
- I couldn’t create a duplicate of a hat even if I tried
Vocabulary chunks in this video are also suitable for those taking the CaMLA ECPE Speaking Test @ HAU
Job Profile – Hat Designer :
“As a hat designer or milliner you’ll be using your creative skills to design hats. You may create unique hand-made hats or design hats to be mass-produced for designer shops or department stores.
You’ll need practical millinery skills and creative flair to produce fashionable designs that will appeal to your customers. Good marketing and promotion skills can be useful, especially if you wish to run your own business.
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a hat designer, you’ll need:
- a good eye for colour and shape
- an understanding of the properties of materials and how they can be used
- practical hat-making skills
- an understanding of production processes
- the ability to spot and develop trends
- a willingness to accept feedback
- commercial awareness
- business and marketing skills (if self-employed).