Jump onto a LIVE, interactive African safari. Twice a day our expert guides invite you to explore the African wilderness in safari vehicles and on foot. Together, we will search for everything from elephants and lions to flowers and landscapes.
Interact with your guide by asking questions through #safarilive on Twitter or via the chat stream located to the right of the feed on YouTube.
UPDATE: As of Tuesday, 01 May:
The Sunrise drive runs from 06:30 – 09:30 local time, which means start times of 00:30 EST, 21:30 PST, 05:30 in the UK [BST], 06:30 in Central Europe, and 15:30 Sydney time.
Our Sunset Safari runs from 15:00 – 18:00 local time, which means start times of 09:00 EST, 06:00 PST, 14:00 in the UK [BST], 15:00 in Central Europe, and 00:00 Sydney time.
Every week, on a Saturday Sunset Safari we bring you safariLIVES – a weekly catch up with all our favourite Big Cat stars. Catch safariLIVES from 16:00-18:00 local time, which means start times of 10:00 EST, 07:00 PST, 15:00 in the UK [BST], 16:00 in Central Europe, and 01:00 Sydney time
When safariLIVE isn’t live, you can view the feed from the Djuma Waterhole camera, from the heart of Djuma Private Game Reserve in the Sabi Sand/greater Kruger National Park area.
“To travel by canoe is to ponder where we came from, where we are, where we’re going, who we were, who we are and who we can be. Suspended between the world above and the world below. Stillness in harmonic motion. These are the paddles’ promises. To paddle is to plug into the energies of the place, the land, the air, the water, the ancestors, the children who are yet to be born The paddle connects us to all of that. To pull is to connect to the river itself but also to the land that nourishes. To be there, to be connected, as a mix of Canadians new and old. If it is love that binds people to places in this nation of rivers and in this river of nations, then one enduring expression of that simple truth, is surely the canoe.” – James Raffan, adventurer, acclaimed author and Director Emeritus of the Canadian Canoe Museum.
[Google Arts and Culture]
Take a selfie and give the experiment a try HERE. Now available in Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, Singapore and parts of the US. Stay tuned as we try to expand and improve!
Vocabulary chunks to learn after watching the video :
- Travelling for me is energizing my batteries
- I love knowing where home is
- I just get claustrophobic
- Anxiety comes over
- I’d rather be living out of a suitcase
- Doing laundry and washing dishes
- I just can never get enough of it
Vocabulary chunks to learn from video :
- Are you really seeing?
- Are you really listening?
- Do you really feel your surroundings
- Do you talk to people?
- Try to understand other ways of living
- Let your preconceptions go
- Experience things the way they are
- Without judgement
- Put your phone down
- Look around you
- Breathe in
- Touch something close to you
- Travel slowly
- Travel with intention
- Travel fearlessly
Explore London’s Autumn Season where heritage and tradition go hand in hand with cutting-edge design, world-class festivals and top performers. Discover hidden gems, great masters and new theatre shows. Read more HERE
Vocabulary chunks to learn from the video :
• London is such a unique place to visit
• It’s just incredibly vibrant
• So many cultures and people come together
• On the day you arrive
• You could never possible get bored
• It is filled with the color and ritual
• There is so much going on
• They are absolutely brilliant
• It’s in its 25th year
• You cannot imagine how powerful this is unless you have attended it
• The past and the present living together in the same space
• All the cultural institutions opening their doors
• The fusion of food, art, music and everything in between
• Whether its dance, whether its drama
• It’s a city that always smiles and always has something to give