Three ways with the chocolate fondant mix:
1. Whisk together 2 free-range eggs, 80 g melted unsalted butter and 50 ml milk.
2. Add the dry fondant mix and whisk to combine.
3. Fill the greased moulds halfway with this mixture.
4. Then add a marshmallow, a scoop of peanut butter or a couple of Chuckles to each mould. (A Lindt chocolate ball would also not be a terrible idea)
5. Top with the remaining mixture, then bake at 220°C for 9–12 minutes until set outside but still gooey in the middle. 6. Serve with a cup of freshly brewed coffee [Woolworths]
Everyone loves a good potato salad, but every now and again you want to mix it up a little. Introducing a fresh, new take on the golden oldie: it’s sweet (we’re using sweet potato); it’s herby (hello, salsa verde) and it’s hot (as in actually warm, so perfect for winter). Meet your new winter (and braai!) staple.
Show stopper winter warmer salad:
* We used Kara orange sweet potatoes, but any sweet potato would work well here, including the Kara purple and white sweet potatoes, the ridiculously delicious Beauregard sweet potatoes, our organic sweet potatoes and the new baby sweet potatoes.
Boil 6–8 Kara orange sweet potatoes until tender. To make the herby salsa verde dressing, combine 4 garlic cloves, chopped and braaied (or fried) in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 5 chopped anchovy fillets, 15 g chopped Italian parsley, 10 g chopped mint, 10 g chopped basil and the juice of half a lemon. Give it a good stir and set aside. Tear the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces and spoon over the green herb dressing. Don’t be shy! [Woolworths]
Try something new
A delicious Greek-style cottage pie
The new heroes of cottage pie include:
Red onion, feta, olives, rosemary, garlic, Woolworths Lamb Rub and sweet potatoes!
Step one: cook the mince
Brown 2 chopped red onions and 500 g lamb mince in a bit of olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons Woolworths Lamb Rub, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1–2 cups beef stock, 3 sprigs rosemary and 100 g olives (pitted). Let simmer until cooked and fragrant.
Step two: make some mash
Mash 500 g boiled Kara purple sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup plain yoghurt and season to taste.
Step 3: get it together
Top the cooked lamb mince with lots of baby spinach and scoops of sweet potato mash.
Sprinkle with crumbled feta and breadcrumbs. Now bake for 15–20 minutes at 200°C until golden brown. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.