This is the ultimate chocolate cupcake : packed with nuts, melty on the inside and topped with condensed-milk ganache. Look upon them as emotional support cakes.
150 g flour
75 g good-quality cocoa
130 g brown sugar
290 g caster sugar
175 g butter, melted and cooled
1 t vanilla paste
3 free-range eggs
100 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
For the ganache :
200 g milk chocolate
100 g dark chocolate
1 x 385 g can condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake holders.
2. Place the flour, cocoa, brown and caster sugar, butter, vanilla paste and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Add the macadamia nuts and fold through. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake holders, filling them three-quarters of the way.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through but fudgy in the centre.
To make the ganache, melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water. Fold through the condensed milk, then spread onto the cupcakes.
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
Three ways with the chocolate fondant mix:
1. Whisk together 2 free-range eggs, 80 g melted unsalted butter and 50 ml milk.
2. Add the dry fondant mix and whisk to combine.
3. Fill the greased moulds halfway with this mixture.
4. Then add a marshmallow, a scoop of peanut butter or a couple of Chuckles to each mould. (A Lindt chocolate ball would also not be a terrible idea)
5. Top with the remaining mixture, then bake at 220°C for 9–12 minutes until set outside but still gooey in the middle. 6. Serve with a cup of freshly brewed coffee [Woolworths]
Vocabulary to learn after watching the video :
- A chocolate maker
- I’m originally from South Africa
- Family get togethers
- I moved to the states to get into finance
- A celebration of chocolate
- It is believed that chocolate is a superfood
- Nutritional value of this superfood
- We do chocolate bars, and we do truffles
- We make the best chocolate in the world
- Anything is possible
- Everyone there loves what they do
- It almost freaks me out a little bit how much people like being there
Visit Fine & Raw HERE
[Kit Kat Australia & New Zealand]
Vocabulary chunks to learn from video :
• This won’t fit
• Not the way it looks in the instructions
• This is ridiculous
• Where are the words
• It’s like they want you to fail
• Hello, what’s this
• Have you tried turning it clockwise
• Let’s give it a go then
• When you need to snap out of it
• Have a break have a KitKat
• This is called a help line
[sun studio productions]
175g/6oz good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
6 free-range eggs, separated
175g/6oz caster sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
300ml/10fl oz double cream, icing sugar to dust