“Losing two of his vital canines, Aslan had a challenging time. Here’s how Fixodent helped him to get his bite back and returned him to his pride. Kevin Richardson, ‘The Lion Whisperer’, explained this experience for lions mirrors that of humans when they lose their teeth.” [Fixodent]
Vocabulary chunks to learn after watching the video :
- A full set of teeth
- A 9-year-old, white male lion
- He’s become more aloof, agitated, more aggressive
- He isolates himself from the pride
- Just at the wrong place at the wrong time
- A white ball of fluff
- I can run around with these lions
- Domesticated animals
- I’m always mesmerized I’m always in awe
- Put him under, stitch him up
- A long procedure
- They offered to help out
- It’s going to be well worth it
- Do it on site
- Dental pain is a chronic pain
- It was just short of six hours
- We landed up working on four
- He’s a real tough character
- The ability to bite nicely
- Hugs and kisses thing
- Within a short period of time
- The king is back
More about Kevin Richardson
After graduating with a BSc degree, Kevin began his career in exercise and post-operative rehabilitation. He made a dramatic career switch when he was given an opportunity to work with lions at a local lion park.
As a self-taught animal behaviorist, he has broken every safety rule known to man when working with these wild animals. Flouting common misconceptions that breaking an animal’s spirit with sticks and chains is the best way to subdue them, he uses love, understanding and trust to develop personal bonds with them. His unique method of getting to know their individual personalities, what makes each of them angry, happy, upset, or irritated-just like a mother understands a child-has caused them to accept him like one of their own into their fold.
Kevin’s unique relationships with these large predators have opened many doors and captivated the imagination of many people throughout the world. He has presented and produced several documentaries that detail his relationships with the animals and highlight the plight of lions both in captivity and in the wild.
Kevin has also written a book appropriately named, “Part of the Pride” detailing his work over the years with the large carnivores and is now affectionately known by his fans worldwide as “The Lion Whisperer”.
Meet Kevin HERE